Pina Pizza first opened in April 1959. We started as a small, hole-in-the-wall pizza shop, a true mom and pop operation.
Mama Pina and Papa John made delicious pizzas and submarine sandwiches. They were even the first business to delivery their delicious pizza all over the city of Downey in funny little trucks, with ovens on the back, lovingly called “Lady Bugs”.
Today, their son Caro and grandson Michael run Pizza Pizza. Although we have expanded our menu, we offer catering, have two dining rooms, and the drivers use their own vehicles, Pina Pizza still uses the same recipes enjoyed by many generations of Persicos. Caro and Michael still run our business with the love, pride, grace, family values and gratitude that Pina Persico set forth from that very first day over 60 years ago.